Too busy running your business? EZCertify will complete your State DBE and MBE/WBE Application.
To order call 1-866-681-4970 or submit our Online Form ›
- The DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise), MBE (Minority-Owned Business Enterprise)/WBE (Women-Owned Business Enterprise) Package Preparation Service is designed for clients who want EZCertify to prepare, assemble and complete their entire DBE, MBE or WBE state application.
You probably already know that if you're 8(a) certified, that you are also officially certified as a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) contractor. What you probably don't know is that if you are 8(a) certified that you can now apply for any and all state Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certifications, without the hassle of dealing with a different application for each state of interest to you, or even having to complete the state applications, at all. After working on the issue of reciprocity between Federal 8(a) or SDB and state certifications for years, a set of regulations became effective a few years ago, that will totally change the state DBE certification process. Good news for you!
Although there are a number of important changes to the state DBE programs, the critical changes that should induce you to seek one or more state certifications, are as follows:
What the new regulations means to you, is that without any material effort, time, or cost, on your part, you can be certified to do business in any state or states of your choice. That is, if you're SBA 8(a) certified. But don’t worry, even if you’re not 8(a) certified, you can still qualify to become state certified.
- All states will now use an essentially identical "universal application form". Even if you're only interested in being state certified, you will not have to contend with totally different certification requirements, from state-to-state.
- The states shall have to either accept your 8(a) certifications, or the same, already prepared 8(a) application package that you provided, or will provide to the SBA.. - The SBA 8(a) application will do!
- The states must now accept the same Personal Financial Statements that you prepared to apply for the 8(a) certifications - The same rules, and form mean the less chances of making an error, and being rejected.
- The states will "not" be capable of simply ignoring the SBA's determination that a firm is a small business, owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. - States can no longer challenge an SBA determination, unless they have additional new data to prove that you are not qualified.
- No longer will you be disqualified just because you exceeded the size standard for your Primary NAICS code - This means that you will continue to be certified in your other business areas, up to a maximum size of $17.42 million in gross annual receipts.
Why consider state certifications? The answer is quite simple. The states currently contract for nearly two trillion dollars annually, more than four times the amount contracted by the Federal, government. Recall all of that stimuls money? Most of it shall go to the states and, don't be fooled by thinking that the DBE program, because of its Federal DOT roots, is limited to highways, roads, airports, and bridge construction, etc. All states acquire just about any product or service you can imagine, from state certified DBE's.
- The following are included in our DBE, MBE/WBE Package Preparation Service:
- We will conduct a telephone interview with the primary applicant to ensure that he/she is qualified to be certified in appropriate State DBE, MBE/WBE program.
- Identify all enclosures and data items that the applicant must provide to EZCertify to complete and package their DBE, MBE or WBE application.
- Examine all enclosures and data received from the applicant to ensure that all required items have been provided and notify the applicant if important information is missing. Provide status reports detailing where we are in the preparation of your DBE and/or MBE/WBE Application.
- Contact the applicant via email and telephone to discuss and obtain the missing information and/or data needed by EZCertify to prepare special compliant elements of the package (e.g. Bylaws, etc.).
- Complete the DBE and/or MBE/WBE application, ensuring that it is totally comprehensive and in conformance with State program regulations.
- Prepare a cover letter for the submittal of the DBE and/or MBE/WBE application.
- Assemble the package into a three-ring notebook, including table of contents, completed checklist, tabs for attachments or necessary enclosures.
- Identify places where signatures are required in the entire application.
- Transmit the prepared package via FedEx overnight delivery service to the applicant and contact the applicant to address any questions or open issues concerning the submittal of the application to the State.
- Existing Clients
- If we have prepared your 8(a)/SDB application, the cost for this service is only $2,000.00